You will take Accutane for five to six months.
Taking Accutane with food or milk increases its absorption.
As close to 1 mg /kg as possible for optimal results
You should not take Accutane if you are pregnant or nursing.
Tetracyclines including Minocycline and Doxycycline*
Vitamin A-Tazorac, Differin, Retin-A, Retin-A micro
*If you are taking one of these, inform the medical providers, and stop taking them at least 1 week before starting Accutane.
Side Effects Helpful Remedies
· Dry lips 90% Moisturize w/Vanicream lip balm or Clinique Medical lip balm.
· Dry skin 80% Cleanse face-Effaclar/Glytone/Toleriane, apply Hydraphase nightly.
· Hair thinning <10%
· Skin infection 5%
· Sun sensitivity 5% Apply LaRoche Spring Water & Elta UV Shield every morning.
· Poor wound healing
· Dry eyes 40% Using Gen Teal gel at night can help.
· Irritation with contact lenses. You may need to remove your lenses earlier in the day.
· Change in vision Notify our office.
· Bone/joint pain 16% If not relieved with Tylenol, notify our office.
· Headache If not relieved with Tylenol, notify our office.
· Depression Notify our office.
· Abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting Notify our office.
· Birth Defects Do not take if pregnant. Notify our office.
· Elevated triglycerides Oral cholesterol meds as neccessary